There is a war in Ukraine. Here’s what United Tech is doing to #StandWithUkraine
Solution / Software Architect
United Tech is a Ukrainian IT product company, founded in Kyiv. By bringing talented and bold minds together, we build global social networking and streaming products to connect people worldwide. We create mobile and web applications for millions of users from the USA, Canada, Latin America, Europe, and the Middle East.
Currently, we are looking for a skilled and experienced Solution / Software Architect. Your primary responsibility is to help us design and build scalable, reliable, and efficient systems using microservice architecture and Java + Node.js as the primary backend tech stack.
About the product: It’s an all-in-one streaming platform that allows people to communicate without borders worldwide, create communities, share interesting content, and monetize their talents. The cross-platform product (iOS, Android, Web) is already in production and has thousands of end-users.
It’s all about you:
- At least 8 years of experience in software development, with a focus on system architecture and design. Proficiency in designing and implementing large-scale, distributed systems using microservice architecture.
- Strong knowledge of technologies: Java, AWS, Mobile Frontend (iOS, Android, Mobile first design)
- Knowledge of technologies - Node.js, and Web Frontend will be a plus.
- Understanding of the product development life cycle, experience working within Scaled Agile methodologies, functional teams, cross-functional teams, stream-aligned teams, etc
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. You know how to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment. You should be able to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to provide technical leadership and mentorship to other team members, including developers and engineers
- You are familiar with social streaming technologies and products (will be a plus, but not required)
What you’ll help us do:
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing large-scale, distributed systems using microservice architecture and Java + Node.js as the main backend tech stack. This includes developing system designs, creating blueprints, and overseeing the implementation and deployment of those systems
- You will work with cross-functional teams, including developers, engineers, and stakeholders, to create high-level system designs and blueprints. Also, you have to collaborate with other teams, such as QA and DevOps, to ensure that the systems are scalable, reliable, and efficient
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to other team members, including developers and engineers. This includes guiding and coaching team members on best practices for system architecture, design, and development
- Create and maintain documentation, including system diagrams, architecture designs, and other technical specifications
- You’ll participate in code reviews and contribute to the development of high-quality, maintainable code
- Constantly improve the systems, architecture, and development practices by gathering and analyzing feedback, monitoring trends and identifying areas for improvement, implementing process improvements, and sharing knowledge across the organization
What we offer:
- Comfortable working environment. You can work at our comfortable hub in Kyiv or remotely anywhere with a flexible schedule. We reimburse expenses for renting workspaces in other cities. Also, you can get financial and legal support, modern equipment, and up-to-date tools.
- Highly-skilled team. We have several independent products and cross-functional autonomous teams with Tech leads. The seniority level of the team is Middle&Senior, so you will get the option to share practical cases and knowledge with experts in the social networking niche.
- Personal impact and ambitious goals. Our products are in top positions in their categories on App Store and Google Play. We’re free to implement our ideas and directly influence products, cherishing our users. So you can make your direct impact on fast-growing products with a multi-million audience.
- Investment in the future. The growth of our teammates is boosted with performance-oriented reviews, IDPs, free English classes, reimbursement of professional development courses, constructive feedback, international projects, a corporate library, and knowledge sharing.
- Care and support. We maintain a human-to-human approach and care for our teammates' safety, health, and rest with 20 paid vacation days, 15 days of paid sick leave,100% coverage of medical insurance, reimbursement for sports and equipment, corporate events, stylish merch, and relocation options.
- Intro call with a Recruiter
- HR Interview
- Tech interview (one online coding task)
- Final interview
- Reference check
Together, we’re a passionate team united by a founder’s mentality, result orientation, trust, and constant desire to improve. Join us, and your work will be seen by millions of people worldwide.
P.S. Noticed a perfect match for your friend? We accept recommendations for all vacancies. If you are ready to refer your candidate, you can do it now and get a bonus up to $2000: Сlick Here!